I enjoyed all my classes this week. Education theory is such a new area for me to be studying, and it is really interesting the number of opinions and viewpoints that are brought to the discussion.
Some points from this week
- sock puppets are allowed to ask stupid questions
- classroom management is not just controlling disruptive students
- it's hard to do an ICT class when the fibre connection to the building is cut
- teaching necessitates bringing the subject down to the student's level and establishing what they already know. Try teaching area without first knowing basic maths operations or what a polygon is!
* yes, I know this is not a real word.