Wednesday, January 19, 2011

At the whim of the university...

When I first decided to apply for the GradDip last year, I thought that the only option I had was to study by distance education. Luckily there are a few good providers in this country. I chose a university and went through the usual paperwork and forgot about it. Of course this was back in September and the offers would not be made until the following January. This date has now past, and I received a shiny offer letter in the mail.

Simple right? Not exactly.

Towards the end of last year, some of the teachers at the school I work at found out about my plans for this year and pointed out that the local uni offered the same course full time. I already knew this and I had thought that I could not work full time and study on campus at the same time. I was curious however, and I checked the website for the uni and found that the lessons would all be offered on the same day of the week. Brilliant. This would let me work 4 days and study for 1.

So I applied for that course too. This uni is not known for their organisational skills, and I still have not received an offer. A (several?) phone call/s to the student admin informed me that due to higher than normal applications, the offers had been delayed. I don't actually know when they are coming out.. but it should be within the next week. Definitely before O week starts in February.

I am currently enrolled in the distance education course, awaiting the letter from the local uni - and dreading the start of school, when I will have to go back to work - in a CONSTRUCTION zone- for the rest of the year.

Bring it on. This should be fun..

No comments:

Post a Comment